Alberta Health Services
Central Zone - Central Alberta Sexual Assault Response Team
- Offering victims of sexual assault compassionate, confidential and non-judgmental care by sexual assault nurse examiners, with specialized education in sexual assault care.
Providing forensic examinations within 7 days of the assault. The examiner will:
- coordinate medical treatment
- forensic examinations
- police involvment as per the patient's wishes
- counselling and follow up
Patients aged 12 and younger will be referred to the Sexual Assualt ResponseTeam Pediatrician available through the Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre's Emergency Department.Affiliation: Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support CentreCentral Alberta Child Advocacy CentreRCMPKey Provider: crisis counsellors, doctors, police officers, sexual assault nurse examiner, victim services
- Yes, Available to patients who have experienced a sexual assault.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Walk-in / Drop In Service, Go to the Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre's Emergency Department and tell the triage nurse you would like to see the Sexual Assault Response Team.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,