Home Care Services
Alberta Health Services - South Zone
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides support for people with medical needs including activities of daily living so they can live in their own homes or communities.
Helps people of all ages that live at home and need support, including:
- nursing services
- personal care services
- respite services
- palliative care
- wound care
- self managed care (SMC)
- living option assessments
Home Care team members meet with clients to assess their needs and create a care plan.
Key Provider: licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, Anyone living in Alberta with a valid provincial health care card (or registration in progress) can receive Home Care services as long as their health care needs can be safely met in the home. Consistent access criteria have been developed provincially for Supportive Living and Long Term Care and serve as general guidelines. Each client is individually assessed.
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, Call for information. Anyone can refer for home care service. Home care intakes are done by coordinated access.
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Toll Free
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: Yes,
There are no fees for Professional or Personal Care Services in Home Care. Accommodation Rates are standardized in Supportive Living and Long Term Care Centres that are funded by Alberta Health Services.
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- October 31, 2022
- 3330 13 Avenue SE
Medicine Hat, AB, T1B 1H8
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM to 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM to 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM to 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM to 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Office hours listed above.
Nursing staff are available till 10:00 PM Monday to Friday. Nursing staff are available on weekends and Statutory holidays 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM.