Ministry of Children's Services
Government of Alberta - Child Abuse Hotline
- Provides a 24 hour hotline to report child neglect or abuse.
- a 24 hour hotline where suspected cases of child neglect or abuse can be reported
Reporter identity remains confidential.
Children's Services responds to all reported cases of suspected child abuse and neglect. Staff and agency partners provide child intervention services to children, youth, and families.
Any suspicion of child abuse or neglect must be reported to:
- the nearest Children's Services Office
- a local Delegated First Nation Agency (DFNA)
- or the Child Abuse Hotline
If physical or sexual assaults are suspected, reports may be made to the police.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Telephone Information Line, To access service:
- call the Child Abuse Hotline
- their name
- their telephone number
- the child’s name, age, and location
- their relationship to the child
- any immediate concerns about the child's safety
- and any information on the situation and family involved
Waiting Period: No,
- Toll Free
- 1-800-387-5437 (24 Hour Child Abuse Hotline)
- 403-297-2995 (Social Services Emergency)
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Legal Status
- Provincial Government
- Last Updated On
- August 3, 2022