- COVID-19 UPDATE 09-08-2021: FACE MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRED ON PREMISES. COVID-19 SCREENING REQUIRED DAILY FOR CLIENTS STAYING IN SHELTER. CLIENTS SEEKING TO ACCESS SHELTER CAN STILL DO SO IF EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS AND WILL BE SUPPORTED IN ISOLATING. EACH FAMILY/SINGLE WOMAN STAYING IN SHELTER HAS THEIR OWN ROOM AND BATHROOM. Provides an emergency residential service for women and their children fleeing domestic violence or living with the impacts of violence and abuse.
- residential facility offering shelter, food, clothing, crisis intervention and referrals to community resources
- a maximum stay of 21 days
- children's programs 7 days a week
- child support workers who deliver crisis intervention, facilitate groups and activities from Monday to Friday
- weekend recreation workers who take children on outings over the weekend
- Yes, Service targeted to women 18 years and older, with or without children fleeing domestic violence.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Telephone Information Line, To access service clients must call themselves and if deemed appropriate for the service and if space is available arrangements will be made to transport them to the shelter. Otherwise, referral to an appropriate service will be provided. Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Operate on a first come, first served basis
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - The front door of the shelter is wheelchair accessible. There is a main floor accessible washroom. Other disabled access: Yes - There are two rooms in the shelter accessible to women and children with disabilities.
- Legal Status
- Registered Not-For-Profit, Registered Charity / Foundation
- Last Updated On
- April 12, 2019