Alberta Health Services
South Zone - Therapeutic Recreation - Community & Outpatient
- This service is to assist individuals with chronic conditions and disabilities to engage in a leisure lifestyle that is satisfying and leads to improvements in function and behavior.
Helps people with physical, social, emotional, and mental challenges that affect their leisure activity by assessing their needs and strengths, developing, following and evaluating a therapy plan. Teaches how to use resources and take part in recreation and leisure activities by:
- improving coping and reasoning skills
- supporting new learning
- supporting greater independence and quality of life
- increasing self-efficacy and adjusting to disability
- reducing stress, depression, and anxiety
- promoting a positive attitude
- teaching how to reduce the risk of falls
- improved memory and cognitive functioning
- Yes, Adults who can no longer participate in their regular recreation and leisure activities because of a disability or illness.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- June 12, 2015
- 4326 50 Avenue
Taber, AB, T1G 1N9
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM - 04:30 PM