- Provides psychosocial, developmental and educational support to children and families regarding illness and hospitalization.
Supports children and families in the hospital by:
- developing strategies to help adapt to, cope with and adjust to illness or hospitalization
- addressing anxiety or misunderstandings using various strategies (e.g. expressive art, therapeutic or medical play)
- collaborating with families and other healthcare providers in the hospital and community
- teaching children and families what to expect with treatments, illness and hospitalization
- providing safe and fun places to play and learn through normal life experiences and special events
- running play and teen group programs (The Beach and the Teen Room)
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referrals also by request support staff or families on nursing units or outpatient clinics.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps, elevators and washrooms.
- Last Updated On
- April 17, 2020
- 8440 112 Street
Edmonton, AB, T6G 2B7
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for children including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon07:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue07:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed07:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu07:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri07:00 AM - 04:00 PM