Alberta Health Services
Cancer Care Alberta - Symptom Control & Palliative Care Community Liaison Program
- This program is for patients who are being discharged from the care of the Cross Cancer Institute and need palliative care at home.
The Community Liaison Nurse telephones or meets with the patient and family and helps arrange the services that are needed. Care is then transferred to the family doctor and Home Care.Key Provider: doctors, registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, Patient who is 18 years of age or older, has advanced cancer AND is at or near the point of discharge from the care of Cross Cancer Institute (No Further Recall).
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information. Please note that referring providers must be internal to the Cross Cancer Institute.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time the referral is received.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps and washrooms
- Last Updated On
- June 11, 2013
- 11560 University Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6G 1Z2
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for people with cancer. There's no emergency department at this location.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM - 04:30 PM