Alberta Health Services
Cancer Care Alberta - Symptom Control & Palliative Care Telehealth Program
- Clinic for patients in rural communities in northern Alberta who have problems with pain or other symptoms from cancer and do not have access to specialists locally.
This clinic helps patients with the pain and other symptoms from cancer by providing support to physicians and nurse peactitioners caring for cancer patients living in rural communities in the northern half of Alberta (North and Central Zones)
High-definition televisions link the remote care centre to a multi-disciplinary team at the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton. The team can then assess the patient without the patient leaving his or her home community. The patient may still require travel to Edmonton during their care, but many parts of the care can be provided to the patient through Telehealth.Key Provider: dietitians, doctors, nurse practitioners (NPs), occupational therapists (OTs), pharmacists, physical therapists (PTs), psychologists, registered nurses (RNs), respiratory therapists, speech-language pathologists (SLPs), spiritual care providers, social workers
- Yes, Patient with cancer who is 18 years of age or older, living in the northern half of Alberta and able to attend a clinic appointment.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps and washrooms
- Last Updated On
- December 14, 2011
- 11560 University Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6G 1Z2
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for people with cancer. There's no emergency department at this location.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon10:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue10:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed10:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu10:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri10:00 AM - 04:00 PM