Alberta Health Services
Cancer Care Alberta - Symptom Control & Palliative Care Consult Program
- Program for patients of the Cross Cancer Institute who are having problems with pain or other symptoms from cancer.
The Pain and Symptom Control Program is for patients of the Cross Cancer Institute who are having problems with pain or other symptoms from cancer. Depending on needs, a patient may see either several team members during a half-day appointment, or only a few team members during a shorter appointment. The patient is followed by the team until pain or other symptoms improve. Management is then continued by the primary care phsysician or nurse practitioner.Key Provider: dietitians, doctors, occupational therapists, pharmacists, physiotherapists, psychologists, registered nurses (RNs), respiratory therapists, social workers, speech language pathologists (SLPs), spiritual care providers
- Yes, Patient who is 18 years of age or older, under the care of the Cross Cancer Institute and able to attend a clinic appointment.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps and washrooms
- Last Updated On
- March 6, 2017
- 11560 University Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T6G 1Z2
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for people with cancer. There's no emergency department at this location.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM - 04:30 PM