Alberta Health Services
Edmonton Zone - Adult Day Support Program
- Offers day support and respite day programs in the community to adults who have health problems or problems with thinking and remembering.
Adult Day Programs are designed for adults over the age of 18 who may have physical and/or memory challenges or are living with a chronic illness. They play a key role in allowing people to remain living in the community as long as possible by optimizing their level of physical, spiritual, social, and emotional function. Adult Day Programs also provide respite and education for caregivers.
Continuing care services are available once you or your loved one have contacted and been assessed by a Case Manager.Key Provider: licensed practical nurses (LPNs), occupational therapists (OTs), physical therapists (PTs), registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, To access the program, people must:
- be living in the community and are being discharged from a facility
- not have any other regular social outings
- have a family doctor in the community
- want to take part in the program
- be able to work in a group
- not need more than moderate help with personal care needs at the program
- still need physical and occupational therapy if going to the program for these services
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, People can self refer or have a family member, caregiver, doctor, or other healthcare provider refer them. Referrals are made to Community Care Access and people are put on a wait list.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- 780-496-1300 (Referral Appointment)
- 780-418-7323 (Program Information)
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: Yes,
$10.00 per day and their own transportation costs.Fee Reduction: Yes,
If you are unable to pay, talk to a program healthcare provider.Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps and washrooms
- Last Updated On
- July 12, 2018
- 201 Boudreau Road
St Albert, AB, T8N 6C4
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps