- NOTE: COVID 19 UPDATE- THIS SERVICE WILL REMAIN OPEN Provides a supportive shelter and services for older adults fleeing elder abuse or transitioning from geriatric mental health facilities.
- safe and secure accommodation to men or women leaving an abusive family relationship
- advocacy, referral, short-term housing and the necessities of daily living
- case worker on duty for information and support
- follow-up services for previous residents
- Yes, Service targeted to abused individuals age 55 and older:
- leaving an abusive family relationship
- either men or women
- who must be able to provide self-care
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, To access service:
- call directly
- pre-admission interview required for stay
Waiting Period: No,
- Web Site
- Interpreter/Translation services - At the shelter, in-person interpreters can be accessed.
- Fee: Yes,
Contact for details.Fee Reduction: Yes,
Contact for details.Membership Fee: Yes,
Annual membership fee of $25.00 with an optional $5.00 for parking.
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Accessible entrance through centre doors and use elevator. Accessible parking in lot east of building.Other disabled access: Yes - Elevator has hold switch to aid when unloading wheelchairs. Elevator buttons have Braille descriptors. A wheelchair lift connects the basement level to the gym.
- Legal Status
- Registered Not-For-Profit
- Last Updated On
- April 16, 2018
- 1133 7 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, T2P 1B2
Open in Google Maps