Alberta Health Services
Edmonton Zone - Northern Neonatal Follow-Up Clinic
- Provides neurodevelopmental assessment for high risk children from intensive care units across Northern Alberta. Health care professionals monitor the neurodevelopmental progress of newborns at risk and provide early intervention.
Provides care to babies from a neonatal intensive care unit, which includes;
- early diagnosis and management of developmental problems that can cause disabilities
- referrals to community services if needed
- a first appointment (normally at 6 months-adjusted age)
- other appointments as needed
- follow-up until your child is 18 months to 3 ½ years. If your child needs further neurodevelopmental follow-up, he or she may be referred to the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital or a community program.
- Yes, PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE SPECIFIC CRITERIAA. Audit Group
- All infants <29 weeks gestation or <1000 grams.
- All infants with moderate or severe hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
- any acquired brain imaging abnormality diagnosed in the neonatal period
- neonatal meningitis/encephalitis
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: N/A
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of referral acceptance.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Designated surface and underground parking stallsOther disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- July 5, 2019
- 10230 111 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB, T5G 0B7
This facility provides a range of healthcare services to help people recover from injuries and illnesses. There is no emergency department at this location.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:15 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:15 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:15 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:15 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:15 PM