Public Health Postnatal Services
Alberta Health Services - Central Zone
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Public health nurses provide support and health assessments to mothers, newborns and their families.
This service continues to be offered following public health COVID-19 protocols.
Services are offered to parents who:
- have been discharged with their baby
- have been discharged while their baby is still in the hospital
- are adopting
- have chosen adoption for their baby
- had a stillborn baby
- are dealing with loss due to a neonatal (newborn) death
Public health nurses contact families within 48 hours after discharge from the hospital. Services are offered according to the situation and discussion with the family and may include health assessments of the newborn, mother and family; information about what to expect and when to seek medical attention; feeding support and referrals to community services.
Key Provider: registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, Parent who delivered a baby and / or experienced perinatal loss. Families with babies from birth to 2 months.
- Application Process
- Service Access: By Appointment, If you have not been contacted by a public health nurse within 48 hours after discharge, phone your local Community Health Centre. Contact the Community Health Centre for information and support.
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/A
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- July 29, 2022
- 5410 52 Avenue
Consort, AB, T0C 1B0
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM to 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM to 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM to 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM to 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for Lunch.